Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter Egg Cake Pops!


I made Easter egg cake pops. They are very cute! But I really struggled dipping the pops into the chocolate coating and having them come out smooth and pretty (you can see some misshapen ones in the background here). I got the idea from Bakerella. She makes the most adorable cake pops and has a book out on them as well. 







Tips I learned -

1. Don't let your cake balls get too cold or they will cause the chocolate to crack as the cake comes to room temperature. I had many ugly tries until I found the right balance.
2. Try to get the coating done in 1 dipping motion to keep everything smooth
3. For me, more chocolate works better then corn syrup for attaching decorations.
4. If your coatings are too thick, add a little bit of vegetable shortening to thin it out.


In the end though, I had quite a few turn out adorable and ready to be devoured.

Basic cake pop instructions here

2 comments: